Sunday, February 7, 2010

Does anyone find this statement to be true false or just interesting?

';Christians, it is needless to say, utterly detest each other. They


slander each other constantly with the vilest forms of abuse and cannot come to any sort of agreement in their teachings. Each sect brands its own, fills the head of its own with deceitful nonsense, and makes perfect little pigs of those it wins over to its side.';


- CelsusDoes anyone find this statement to be true false or just interesting?
Not even interesting.Does anyone find this statement to be true false or just interesting?
Don't know why that should be surprising. Get 20 Democratic Senators in the same room and ask them all the same question. Guess what? Twenty different answers. Do the same for Republican Senators in another room. Guess what? Twenty different answers.





How come? All one party. All Senators.





And look at the atheists here. All atheists. But do.they all agree?


Only that there is no God





Christians are humans. And humans have differences, Get over it. But the statement that all Christains ';slander each other constantly with the vilest forms of abuse'; is false.





Are you the same folks who used to say, ';All black folks got rhythm';?'; If you must do stereotypes, at least don't do it under your flag that says, ';Reason and Logic';
Celsus was a philosopher. As the Apostle Paul put it, their teachings are 'empty and drift in the wind'.
That sounds about right to me.
Just because I am a christian, doesn't mean I detest other christians. I love everyone. I only dislike the actions some people take. Not everyone is going to agree. That's like saying that white people detest all other white people because they can't agree and because they branch off and have their own little groups like the jocks or the preps or the skaters. There is no diffrence just because we are christians. If everyone could agree it would take care of most of the animosity in the world and it would make the world a better place to live.
Mostly true, and not all that interesting.
pretty sure that's all ********
Jesus teaches us to love one another. You may argue this by saying that Christians disagree with homosexual ralationships and that we hate gays. Christians do not hate homosexuals. They HATE the ACT of sin.I choose to use this example because it is such a hot topic right now. I believe that the place of Pastors is to teach the word.


SO I find this statement to be FALSE, and I hope that you keep asking questions because it shows that you are pursuing some sort of faith. Why don't you give Christianity a try? It can't hurt you right?
I find it to be completely true.





I was raised in one church, which I left as a teenager because I disagreed with some of their doctrines. I have looked seriously at other churches, and I cannot find one that suits my needs because they all declare themselves to be the one true path, and say all sorts of vile things about not only other Christians, but those of other faiths as well. It is especially offensive to me when I hear them mocking Judaism and Islam, as we all worship the same God!





Luckily, I came to a point in my life where I realized I don't need an organized religion in order to enjoy a relationship with God. As someone else pointed out, He is all around us, all the time. I carry him in my heart, I talk to him about my life, and I feel like I don't need organized religion at all.





I do understand that some people need organized religion as a vehicle to help them make a connection with the Divine, but it's not for me; it just creates too much pain and dissention, and is a thing with which I do not care to associate.
true and true.
True...but not all Christian sects slander each other. A lot do. I don't necessarily find it interesting. I find it SAD! And if so-called Christians do this, it is because there is no light in them.
Let them dwell in their righteousness its all evil to believe in what they say and teach, in the last days GOD will be the Judge
YEAH - WE HEAR YA LOUD %26amp; CLEAR. IT's almost like these organizations are run like BIG BUSINESS .
Find it false! What you just asked is not about Christianity, but people that make up the Christian sect. I take it that you are not a Christian and you follow your own god. You could put any religion in your question and it would fit them all, not just one organization. Christianity is based on Christ! There are many denominations out here, but not one is completely correct in ';their'; doctrine';. There is but one doctrine and that is God's Holy Bible. Man has faults, they do interpret the Bible the way they grew up, but many will learn what God's Holy Bible was telling us. But, we are to research it on our own as well. Allow the Holy Spirit to show us what is TRUTH.
true
sounds like some people I have met
I don't believe in religion anymore. Religions couldn't exist if the whole human race understood that God doesn't have preferences, because a religion purports to be a 'statement 'of God's preferences.
Sounds about right to me. Very insightful
Being not of the Christianity way , I'd say yes it s true
Sounds close to what is going on.
Remove christians from the quote and substitute ';all religions'; and it's even more correct.





Thank god I'm an atheist.
If the bible was even mostly true, Christians are following Satan.
sound accurate,but christians are always forgiven
None of the Christians I know are like that.
Sounds like a person who was raised as a preacher's kid...
It's why I rejected organized religion long ago. God isn't in their fancy churches, he is in our gardens, the forests, and every cloud and raindrop!
Absolutely FALSE! Celsus must not have known any true Christians. True Christians are followers of Christ, He told us to love our neighbors. Thats not to say that we don't get angry or don't have falling outs, we are not perfect. There are too many negative stereotypes out there about Christians.
And it seems to me that so many of them are brimming with hate and bigotry all around. Not all, but the most outspoken ones seem to hiss rather than speak. I am sure someone will say that you will burn in hell for what you said. I am used to reading that on this site.
as an agnostic atheist, I think your mostly right. However i live in australia, and we are very kind to each other here. Even us beleagered atheists are on a winner here.
SmallTown, AL here... again.


Sounds more like the Babtists to me:) In the town I live in they preach the evils of alcohol... so all the Babtists go out-of-town to buy their liquor - no joke. They're not worried about God, the're worried about the other Babtists. I asked one why she would continue to sin knowing that God knows you're drinking even if your Babtist friends don't. She said that God forgives. So I asked why she would continue to do something God disapproves of and then ask for forgiveness, why not just ask for forgiveness before you die and live your life however you want? She said I'm going to hell:(
generally true, certainly interesting. just read some of the christian/theological questions in yahoo answers. given a basic question, the christian responses can be very different and range a lot... yet they all are supposedly practicing the same religion, the same beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment