Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Identify if the statement is true or false.?

A) Both 螖Ssys and 螖Ssurr equal zero at equilibrium


B) The energy of the universe is constant; the entropy of the universe decreases towards a minimum


C) All spontaneous processes release heat


D) All systems become disordered spontaneously


E) If a process decreases the randomness of the particles of a system, the entropy of the system increases


F) All spontaneous reactions occur quickly











My initial thought was TFFTFF





I originally posted this question in Geology for some reason and someone who answered said that C was in fact true. However, I changed my answer and submitted the updated sequence (TFTTFF) and it was incorrect.Identify if the statement is true or false.?
C is false. Endothermic processes can be spontaneous (i.e. dissolving NaHCO3 in water). I agree with the rest of your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment