Friday, February 12, 2010

';Do not doubt the unknown unknown'; Do you think this statement is true or false?

The Known Unknown are questions like ';Is Magic real'; or ';Is God real'; or ';Are aliens real'; because we know the question is unknown and we can comprehend the possibilities of them... but that doesn't mean that there aren't unknown unknowns out there, which are things we can't comprehend or imagine to think of... like before, I bet you cavemen didn't even think the possibility of their being fire until they discovered it, thus once making it an unknown unknown, and electricity wasn't even thought of before a couple hundred years ago... and even the simplest things, like having a mother giving birth to a child, she probably wouldn't of even thought of giving birth at a specific time or age, making it also a temporary unknown unknown... so, do you think that there are possibilities of their being unknown unknowns as well as known unknown? Sorry for the long question.';Do not doubt the unknown unknown'; Do you think this statement is true or false?
You lost me for a sec but yes I do.';Do not doubt the unknown unknown'; Do you think this statement is true or false?
False.
This sort of question is common among deep thinkers. I like the part about cavemen and fire. Can you image cavemen looking at the moon and imagining traveling there? But then maybe they did think about it.


If I were to look out the window one misty morning to see a group of little gray space travelers collecting plants from my back yard, it would not surprise me.


I am agnostic, but if I die and discover that there is a loving creator standing ready to apologize to me for all the suffering that I am going through in my life, I would cry from relief. I agree with you that The Unknown is only what has not been discovered yet. To refuse to believe in the possibilites of all things shows an unwillingness to venture out of the Cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment